Build Your Own Homemade Smoking Devices: Step-by-Step Guide
This awesome little do-it-yourself guide contains blueprints, ideas, and instructions for building over 114+ AWESOME pipes and bongs using simple household items.
Some of the ideas you’ll get from this post will BLOW YOU AWAY! Featuring fully illustrated step-by-step instructions for making your own homemade smoking devices has never been any easier.
Best Homemade Bongs: Why Bongs? / The Bong Concept
Making a bong is very simple, because the concept of a bong is simple. When you toke, you are bubbling the smoke through water before inhaling it. This text guide will take you through various aspects of bongs and bong-making. I hope you will find it valuable and I hope it inspires you to make your own bongs. The reason for using a bong is mostly for health reasons, though people love using bongs for many more reasons. The active part of marijuana, THC, is not water-soluble, so you will not lose any of your high by hitting a bong instead of a joint or pipe. The water does filter out many of the impurities(the resinous tar), thus saving your lungs from inhaling crud. Very hot water will remove the most impurities, and very cold water will cool the smoke for a smoother hit.
The anatomy of a conventional bong is very simple. It consists of a bowl (with a screen), a stem, a chamber, some liquid, and an opening for the mouth.
The crude diagrams above show a generic bong. All you need for a simple bong is a plastic pop bottle (12-ounce or larger recommended), some kind of stem (a metal tube, plastic tubing, or whatever), and a bowl (use aluminium foil if you can’t find anything else…but this is the least healthy option). A tube of silicone works well – it’s the best sealant for plastic, and satisfactory for metal-plastic seals.
After you have constructed the bong and let the sealant cure, don’t forget to drill(knife) a 1/4″ hole for the carb. Water fills the container and stem just up to the carb. The water level should really be at least an inch below the carb so that when the bong is tilted the water won’t leak. The job of the carb is to regulate where the air will be supplied from. If covered, the air(smoke) will come from the burning weed; if uncovered, air will be pulled in through the carb to force out the standing smoke from the chamber.
The Water Test
Do a “water test” before you pack a bowl. Pull a lungful through the bong with the carb covered. If you get a biting, chemical flavour, then you have not let the silicone cure long enough – it’s toxic to inhale until it’s fully cured; then it’s harmless. The water test will also let you determine how airtight your bong feels.
Smoking a conventional bong means that you have water in your bong, you have a packed bowl, and a lighter. Cover the carb with your thumb and light the bowl and pull air through the bong until you get a steady bubbling of smoke
through the water. When your lungs start to hurt a little, let go of the carb and gently pull in the trapped smoke. If your lungs feel fine as you inhale, then save a little lung space for the trapped smoke – let go of the carb and pull it in! Not all bongs work with this method, however. Gravity bongs work on a different concept, which will be explained later.
Bongs vs. Joints & Pipes
Not everyone uses bongs. New smokers may wonder why anyone bothers with bongs, and plenty of stoners prefer joints to pipes or bongs.
Those who favour joints will wax romantic about the joys of rolling, of passing around a fatty, and of super-potent roaches.
Some smokers disdain joints mainly because of their wastefulness. Consider that while the joint is being passed around or stalled, it is still burning, losing precious smoke. If you grow your own buds you can afford to be carefree, but for many smokers that is a luxury. Most stoners must pay astronomical “street” prices for their greens.
Bongs have a special advantage. A stoner can control the burning by using the flat side of a lighter to extinguish the bowl after taking a hit. The practice of extinguishing the bowl can save a lot of pot in the long run.
Even those who don’t habitually extinguish the bowl will still save more buds, considering the size of a bowl compared with a joint. A bowl holds a smaller amount of bud, so the most you can waste is the quantity a bowl will hold. Stalling a joint, though, will use up a much larger portion, depending on the size of the joint.
Joints are also much harsher on your lungs. While some joint-rollers will use pre-made filters, or a makeshift filter made from a rolled-up paper, nothing compares with the filtration effect of water. Ed Rosenthal of High Times has
noted that water not only cools the smoke, but actually removes harmful impurities as well. Bongs have this advantage over pipes, which, like joints, pass the unfiltered smoke right into your lungs.
As far as portability goes, bongs can be made in a variety of sizes. Most growers make a makeshift portable bong out of a 12-ounce plastic water bottle. It works fine, though the filtration leaves something to be desired.
Considerations in Bong-Making
When planning a bong, one should aim for specific goals. Should the bong be portable? Fancy? Colourful? Here’s a partial list of characteristics which give a bong its individual personality:
- Air tightness/ease of drawing smoke
- Bowl size
- Choice of chamber/tube(s)
- Hit size
- Tube diameter
- User accommodation
- Volume Etc.
- Air tightness(seal quality)
No matter what kind of bong you make, you should strive for air tightness. When in doubt, just dab and smooth some silicone around the joints where materials meet and leave gaps. An airtight bong means that you will not be
wasting lungpower. This quality becomes progressively important with more chambers added to the bong, because there are more possible gaps.
[table “20” not found /]
While there’s a wide variety of containers and materials you can use in making a bong, make sure they will be safe. PVC IS OUT! DO NOT USE ANY TUBES MADE WITH POLYVINYL CHLORIDE BECAUSE THEY LEACH OUT CARCINOGENIC PARTICLES OVER TIME. When deciding whether to use a certain kind of plastic or not, the rule of thumb is to make sure it’s safe for food. If it’s meant to store food, it’s okay. Otherwise, don’t risk it. Plastic tubing is fine. Glass is optimal because it’s inert.
One grower’s bong, “The Monster”, is made from a 1-litre, heavy-duty Erlenmeyer flask with a two-hole stopper(+ stem & bowl) and a length of rubber tubing. It’s simple, it’s airtight, and you can watch the smoke fill the chamber while your friend is taking a hit.
Metals are fine to use, too. STAY AWAY FROM COPPER BECAUSE IT LEACHES INTO THE SMOKE. Stems and bowls made from aluminium and brass are the best. Stay away from any metal that could leach into the water and especially stay away from lead(duh). Clay or silly putty is great for bongs. The same grower who owns The Monster had a buddy of his make him a small clay bong. It’s only about 6″ high, with a round chamber, a stout neck and a fixed bowl. It was not glazed or fired, but it’s airtight and very portable, not to mention cute as shit. More water = better filtration & harder pull. Being the health-nut that I am, I have decided that filtration is the most important characteristic for any bongs to have. I don’t want to develop asthma and I want to be as kind to my lungs as possible, and so should you.
If you like to experiment with bong design like I do, you may try using different liquids in your bong. Here are some things I’ve found: Carbonated liquids (seltzer, pop) really scrub the smoke well, because of the agitation of the
bubbles. Different pop/juice flavours really don’t do anything to the flavour of the smoke. Beer and hard liquor add excellent flavour to the smoke, but they cost hit power, since THC is soluble in alcohol. Chloraseptic (throat spray) will numb your throat as you smoke, eliminating all smoke irritation on your throat-kind of scary and I wouldn’t advise it. Mouthwash covers the smoky taste with a great mint flavour, but I don’t know what hazards it holds–again, not recommended.
Hot water is excellent for scrubbing the smoke, use boiling water, if possible. The trade-off is that the heat of the steam can be more irritating that the heat of the smoke. At the right temperature the steam will soothe your throat by
humidifying the smoke. Cold(ice) water is excellent for cooling the smoke and giving you great big bong hits that you thought impossible with your tender little lungs.
Homemade Smoking Device Aesthetics
I was going to originally title this piece “The Art of Making Bongs”, and for good reason. There is indeed an ART to it, and you should open up your creativity to your project. Impress yourself, and impress fellow stoners by using materials that please the eye as much as that killer skunkweed pleases your state of being. Sure you can make a quickie portable with a 12-ounce water bottle, but what about your home/party bong? Take the time to explore garage sales, flea markets, thrift stores, and basements to find some cool container that screams “BONG!” The rest is up to you.
I’ve seen one grower make a hookah(multi-user bong with sipping tubes) out of a brass “pitcher”. She said she found it at a garage sale for $4. The hinge for the lid was damaged, but she didn’t need the lid anyway, so she threw it out.
She thrust a stem and two thin (3/16″) flexible plastic tubes down the top opening and sealed it up with silicone, then plugged the spout with silicone, and *voila* – a romantic, two-person hookah that is interesting to look at.
A couple buddies of mine had a plastic pig’s head that was supposed to be a toy bank. Guess what they did with it… They stuck a stem into the pig’s mouth and widened the coin slot to make an excellent bong that has a large chamber for smoke. Get creative! There are all sorts of awesome bongs just waiting to be crafted. Check out the ideas section at the end of this guide for more information. I’m starting off showing you how to make a variation of all the basics, from there you’re off to the races. Let your creativity run rampant.
Clean your screen!
A quick tip: After finishing a bowl, dump the ashes, then purse your lips and blow a quick lungful through the bottom of the bowl to refresh the screen. You can hold the bowl up to the light to see if it’s clean or not. Too many stoners will pack bowl after bowl without blowing out the screen – after a few bowls your hits will feel like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
Scraping Your Bong
After a lot of use your bowl and stem will get caked with resin(tar). Besides clogging up the bong’s works like arteriosclerosis, the build-up of resin will be partially smoked every time you hit a bowl. The idea of bongs is to save your lungs from that tar crap, but if you are desperate for a high and you’re out of bud, you can always smoke that resin after you scrape it out.
When scraping your bowl and stem, you should use a thin, narrow metal object. The awl attachment on a pocketknife works well. I’ve heard of stoners using an unbent coat hanger, although I like a jeweler’s screwdriver.
Throw out the resin, but if you want to smoke it, it will give a powerful hit, similar to hash. The best thing to do is to save some leftover ash, then scrape your bowl. The flakes of resin that come off are very sticky and are hard to roll
without smearing them all over your fingers. Resin smells very strongly, too, and won’t come off your fingers for a few days. If you roll the resin with the ash, the ash acts as a binder and keeps the resin from sticking to your fingers
excessively. After scraping the resin onto a smooth, flat surface, roll it with the ash into a ball. When done, stick it back into the bowl and smoke it.
Lighters come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Ordinary cigarette lighters are adequate for smoking bud, but they’re not the best. If ordinary lighters are used, it’s best to make sure the flame is at least 1.5″ tall. When lighting, the
lighter is best held as vertically as possible, with the flame being sucked over the edge of the bowl onto the bud. This method avoids singed fingers.
If the flame doesn’t get tall enough, here’s a trick to really kick it up: The flameheight slide is really a tiny wrench that turns a tiny gear. Pull the metal guard so it’s wider and then remove it. Now lift that slide up and out of the gear and then move it to the left and plop it back down into the gear. Now you can turn the gear even more to the right for a higher flame.
My lighter of choice is the barbecue lighter. It’s red and white and has a 4-inch square barrel that extends away from the trigger. Yeah it’s overkill, but it has everything I look for in a bong lighter: big flame, safe finger position, no flints
(it’s piezoelectric), and refillable butane tank.
If you can’t find the barbecue lighter, try to find a pipe lighter. Pipe lighters emit a tall flame at a 90- or 45-degree angle, making it easier to light a bowl.
If you’re using a regular disposable lighter, keep your fingers safe by holding the bottom with your middle finger and flicking the roller with your thumb. Above all else though; the most important characteristic to look for in a lighter is
reliability. It’s depressing to be holding a packed bong, ready for a hit, and flicking the lighter over and over without getting a flame…
And without further ado, let’s get to making some sweet homemade smoking apparatuses!!!
Homemade Smoking Devices Step-by-step
The Apple Pipe
- An apple
- A pen or pencil
- Grab an apple. The bigger and juicier the better.
- Carefully twist off the stem.
- Using a pen or pencil, make your first hole through the top center of the apple. Burrow through until you reac the core. You should stop about halfway down. This will become your bowl.
- Make your next hole on the side of the apple in the middle, forming a connecting horizontal airway tunnel to the core.
- The third hole should be a quarter of the way to left or right of the second hole. Pick which side naturally feels more comfortable as this is the carb. Again you will be burrowing to the core, essentially connecting all three airways.
- Wipe your apple dry, pack a nice bowl, and sparrkkkkkk ittt uppp.
Note: The moistness inside the apple will cool off the hot vapors providing a smooth smoke. It’s a delicious hit that tastes like apple-flavored smoke. This all natural way is Mother Nature’s finest way to smoke greens.
Las Vegas Souvenir Bong
- 1 Souvenir
- Margarita Novelty
- 1 stem/bowl
- 1 knife
- 1 Paperclip
- First cut down the top.
- Straighten out and heat up your paper clip.
- Quickly take the hot paperclip and melt a small hole in the bottom side.
- Place your stem in the hole, if the hole is too small heat up the hole on the cup and put the bowl in it until it fits in there quite snug. You may have to reheat a couple times.
- Fill up some water and Spaaarkkk ittt upppp
The Bamboo Ripper
- 1 large sized bamboo tube
- 1 small sized bamboo tube(for the bowl and stem)
- Hand Saw
- Power drill & Drill bits, 3/8, 1/16” (or similar sizes) (if you no power tools are available you can use a pocket knife.)
- Krazy glue (or similar strong waterproof glue.)
- Sanding disc / rough sandpaper
- Beeswax (or similar like unscented candle wax)
- Saw off any unnecessary excess trimmings that may be sticking out of your bamboo. If you purchased it in a hardware store and didn’t take it from the wild, then you should have two perfect tubes ready to go.
- Saw the base and mouthpiece off evenly, making sure the base stands up nice and level
- After cutting the “bowl” end of the stem, cut the opposite end at an angle. This helps keep the stem from bottoming out on the floor of the bong.
- Since bamboo tends to be quite fibrous (especially around the cuts we just made) and peels easily; you need to sand thoroughly around the edges of all the pieces.
- Use a 3/8″(or similar size) twist bit to remove the soft core of the bowl. Then use a 1/16″ bit to drill the ash hole in the bowl.
- Now it’s time to make cut your mouthpiece hole! Some people simply make their cut inside the knuckle, but if you want to make it a true classic island toker than you will want to carve a hole like so:
- As you cut the mouthpiece hole larger, you will need to remove the paper-like membrane from inside the node. Carefully try to get the entire membrane out in one piece. If you fail you can use an old toothbrush or something similar to remove any remaining pieces.
- The completed smoothly sanded island-style mouthpiece:
- Next, coat the inside with a thin layer of beeswax. If beeswax isn’t available, unscented candle wax will work just as good. Melt about one liquid ounce of wax and pour it into the node. Once the wax coats the entire interior, pour out any excess. Although this bong is water tight, the wax is to seal the chamber interior and keep moisture from saturating the bamboo so it doesn’t get nasty or crack. I don’t know a single smoker who has ever had a stem bust on them so don’t bother waxing the stem.
- Now it’s time to cut the stem hole. Hold the stem at an angle against the chamber so you’re able to estimate where the stem hole will go. Drill 2 holes as pictured. Try to make the downstem fit perfect, so start with a smaller drill bit.
- Starting with a smaller drill bit, drill a hole in the center of the two holes. The end goal is to make an elongated hole no wider than the originals. The pic on the left is how you start, you want to end up with the right.
- Insert the stem into the hole and carefully squirt a bead of glue 360 degrees around the hole(you may wish to dry it upside-down). The bong will be ready to smoke when the glue dries and no fumes are present.
Congratulations! You just completed your very own island-style ripper. Mahalo friend.
Note: You may want to drill an additional hole for the carb somewhere.
The Ghetto Pipe/Bong Elongated Hybrid
- A small pipe
- 1 straw
- 1 plastic bottle
- Silly puddy, silicone, or similar material
- A knife
- Cut your straw in half.
- Place a straw in the mouthpiece of your pipe. If it isn’t airtight then you will need to use silly puddy or electrical tape or something similar to seal any air leaks.
- Put the silly puddy around the straw where you want it to seal on the bong.
- Poke a hole on any lower side the bottle.
The Classic “no scent” Steamroller
- One paper towel tube
- 1 toothpick
- A small amount of tin foil(or bowl piece – preferred.)
- Dryer sheets
- 1 knife
- Take the knife and cut out however sized bowl you want in the farthest end away from you.
- Securely create a bowl using the tin foil making sure it WILL NOT FALL THROUGH.
- Take your toothpick and poke holes in the foil.
- Place your dryer sheets inside the tube, when exhaling through these they mask that oh-so-familiar pungent marijuana aroma.
Note: Smoking from tin foil is pretty unhealthy, only ever use this if you’re in a pinch. A great alternative bowl piece is to use a socket set head(aka ratchet end), located in any toolbox.
The Ghetto Pocket Pipe
- 1 ball-point pen(a drinking straw may also be used) a cheap pen that is
around 5mm or roughly 1/5” in diameter works best.
- A broom handle or any other type of wooden handle.
- Any type of saw
- A drill with a 5mm or 1/5” bit. (A cork screw or small carving knife may
also be used.)
- Start by removing the ink tube and ball point from the pen. This can usually be done by squeezing the pen slightly and pulling firmly on the tip of the pen.
- Next, remove any plug or stopper on the top of the pen. If there is no plug, you can easily cut through the end of the pipe. The goal is to have a hollow tube through which air can pass.
- Now find a wooden broom handle – or a small, round piece of wood. Saw off about 2in (5cm) of the top of the wooden broom handle.
- Drill one hole in the top of the piece of wood. Use a 1/5″ or 5mm drill bit, and sink the hole about half the way through the piece of wood (roughly 1″).
- Drill a hole in the side of the piece of wood with the same size (1/5″, 5mm) drill bit. This hole must connect to the hole created in the top.
You are finished! Enjoy!
Note: The pipe can easily be disassembled to fit in your pocket, or the ink tube can be re-inserted and it will work as a pen with a funny looking topper 🙂
The Chinese Waterfall Bong (Gravity Bong)
- A water bottle
- A 2L soda bottle(or something similar)
- A downstem
- A grommet tight around the downstem
- A bowl
- Cut the bottom off your water bottle.
- Melt a hole big enough for your downstem to fit through the cap of your water bottle.
- Put grommet in the hole. Place downstem through grommet and insert bornw into downstem.
- Cut the top off your 2L bottle and fill it ¾ the way full of water.
- Unscrew waterbottle and push it to the bottom of the 2L, submerging it.
- Screw on the lid.
You’ve now got yourself your very own Gravity Bong that rips like hell!
Note: Using a gravity bong is simple; when you light the bowl, pull the waterbottle up and the bottle will cream with smoke(making sure to pull it up gently and slowly). Also make sure you don’t completely lift it out of the water or the suction effect will be lost. Once you have your bottle filled with smoke, unscrew the lid and put your mouth on the water bottle. Push the bottle down into the water as you inhale to take the hit. *WARNING* Don’t push down to
fast or to low cause water will shoot up and might go into your mouth.
The Pringles Bong
- One can of Pringles
- 1 joint or bowl
- 1 knife
- First pop – that way, the fun doesn’t stop.
- Empty out the chips.
- Ptake your knife and carefully cut the metal piece off at an angle making a perfect fit size for your joint or bowl.
- Place your joint or bowl in the hole and secure it with tape or any other material.
- Spaaarkkk ittt upppp.
Note: This bong doesn’t last very long…
The “Upgraded” Steamroller Plastic Pipe
- Two 2L soda bottles
- A one-hitter pipe or chillum(a homemade downstem could also work)
- 1 knife
- First cut the bottom ¼ off of both bottles in a perfect cylinder.
- Next make a hole towards the end of one of the bottles. It wont matter which side, as long as it is the furthest from you. Create a small opening for the downstem using your knife.
- Duct tape any areas that may cause air leaks around your downstem.
- Slide one bottle into the other; this requires a certain folding and pinching of one bottle.
- There should be a small little opening mouth where air can leak out of – duct tape it closed and make this puppy as airtight as you can. BONG COMPLETED.
Trippy Acid Trip Bong
- 1 trippy looking plastic cup from the dollar store, or early 60’s.
- One 2L bottle
- Chewing gum/silly putty, etc.
- One roll of electrical tape
- 1 bowl from a screw-on metal pipe
- 1 drinking straw
- Power drill with drill bit
- Drill a hole near the bottom of the cup at anangle, then drill a hole in the middle for the choke-hole. Cut the drinking straw in half at an angle.
- Insert a straw in the bottom hole, angle side in. Tightly seal hole with chewing gum, silly putty, grandma’s mystery gel, whatever.
- Cut the top 2L bottle in half(making sure the neck stays in tact!)
- Place your dryer sheets inside the tube, when exhaling through these they mask that oh-so-familiar pungent marijuana aroma. Make 1” deep cuts(about 1” apart each) around the bottom diameter of the bottle.
- With these new ridges cut, form the bottle-top around the top-most part of the cup. Tape that baby sealed until she is airtight!
Blunt Rolling 101 – How to Properly Roll a Blunt
- 1 Blunt wrap
- 1 Herb grinder
- Evenly distribute the bud in the wrap, with gum side up.
- Start at one end and pinch the wrap between your first fingers and thumbs. Slowly and evenly press your thumbs up and down to compact the bud, but be careful not to make it too compact or it will be hard to take a decent hit.
- As soon as the blunt is evenly formed, roll the wrap down until it conforms to the shape of the bud and begin to tuck it into the wrap as you begin to roll the blunt.
- Continue to roll it up and lick the seal to complete the roll.
- Finally, start at the bottom and begin to pinch the blunt as you roll your first finger and thumb all the way to the top.
- After that you may have some greens sticking out of the top, so pack it down gently and you have a nice hitting blunt!
Nature’s Gift – The Magical Lumberjack Pipe
- 1 large cut off tree branch
- 1 Electric drill
- 1 Electric sander
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Bow saw
- 1 Wood saw
- 1 Wood rasps
- 1 can of wood stain(cherry oil based works wonders)
- Adventure deep into the depths of the ancient forest with your wood saw & cut off a branch piece(size depending on how big you want to make this puppy.) 1.5” diameter x 6” works well for the Magical Lumberjack Pipe.
- Place your wood in the vice and mark it accordingly where your bowl and stem will be. Use the rasp to take some of the bark off so it is easier to mark. Next drill a hole through the center of the wood, through what will be your stem and into the bowl. Be sure you use a drill bit thats long enough to reach the bowl, otherwise youll be sucking on wood.
- Now for the hard part – cutting the stem. Put the wood standing upright in your vise, stem up. Saw both lines straight down until you hit right where your bowl starts, then gently saw across the bottom. Be careful not to let the blade go off your line, otherwise you could cut directly into your pipe hole and you’ll have to embark once again on a mystical quest back into the dark depths of the wood havens to retrieve another sacred piece.
- Now you have your starting point for your stem. Put the stem into the vise and cut the corners off where your bowl will be. This gives you the basic outline for your bowl.
- Now you’re going to dig out your bowl. Use a combination electric drill with a glass cutting bit 5/16ths and a knife (you can use a regular drill bit, it just takes longer). Be careful not to drill too deep, otherwise you’ll go through the other side of your bowl (yep did that too) and will have to once more quest deep into the woody realms of…
Your bowl and pipe hole should interconnect now, meaning you should be able to blow into your pipe and sawdust should come flying out of the bowl.
- Time for the fun part! Shaping your piece. Place your magical lumberjack piece inside the vice (changing positions numerous times) and begin to use your rough wood rasp to form it. Use the coarse side first, then switch to the more moderate teeth for enhanced refinement.
- You are now ready to stain your creation. Apply two coats of cherry oil base stain. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GET ANY INSIDE THE BOWL – you don’t want to be smoking that crap! Last comes the cure, wet down the entire piece and let her sit out for a day in the sun out by the old sawmill.
NOW GET CREATIVE AND GO CRAFT YOUR MAGICAL LUMBERJACK PIPES!!
Honey Bear Bong
- 1 clean plastic honey bear
- 1 downstem
- 1 bowl
- 1 lighter
- 1 Knife
- Heat up the spot you want the downstem to go.
- Quickly make a small incision and stick your downstem in. It should mould around it and cool off, forming an airtight seal.
- Next insert dense amounts of material inside the bowl, light, and smoke until your eyes bleed.
Vaporizers are instruments which are used to extract essence from natural herbs in the form of vapor by heating them in a very healthy way. Vaporizers also act as a substitute for smoking through which the smokers extract tobacco without burning it so that they don’t have to inhale the dangerous smoke and damage their lungs. There are so many types of expensive commercial vaporizers available in the market, but homemade vaporizers work equally as effectively and can save you a ton of cash.
No special laboratory equipment is required to make the following vaporizers. Any simple household items will do. Below are instructions for how to make both a Lightbulb and Volcano Vaporizer. Homemade vaporizers can be made using many readily-available common household items such as rubber tubes, old bottles, any pipe-like object, etc. but most commonly used home gadget for making a vaporizer is a lightbulb.
In earlier days vaporizers were made using the old technology of combusting the plant herbs in order to extract their vapour.
A Vaporizer is quite possibly the best apparatus to smoke out of. It is the most recommended method of smoking for medical marijuana patients. It’s much safer on your lungs since you aren’t combusting the molecules causing the
release of more carcinogens. A hit from a vaporizer is an awesome experience – it gets rid of much tar, and doesn’t make you choke. Also, it allows more THC to be inhaled, since instead of incinerating the majority of it, you are literally inhaling the pure ESSENCE of THC.
IOW, you get friggin’ blasted.
The Lightbulb Vaporizer
- 1 light bulb
- 1 bottle cap(size depends on light bulb)
- Electrical Tape
- First, take out the light bulb and your knife. Cut off the top of the metal part of the light bulb with the knife (you could also use a saw but be EXTREMELY CAREFUL!) After cutting off the metal part, empty out the inside. Take out all the metal stuff inside. You may wish to use plyers. Clean out the bulb fully with
soap and water and let it dry completely.
- Next, take your standard size coke bottle cap (works with most lightbulbs) and screw it onto the lightbulb. If it doesn’t fit get a new one. Take your cap off and make two holes in it. Make the first one just big enough for the straw to fit through nice and snug, and the other slightly smaller. The smaller hole will be used by your finger to keep the smoke from escaping. Inhalations would be done through the straw in the bigger hole.
- Place the straw in the larger hole and wa-la! Your homemade light bulb vaporizer is complete. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
Note: To use this little GOD simply unscrew the top, and place your smoking material inside. Next place your finger on the smaller hole and hold your lighter under the bulb. The bulb will begin to fill with divine white smokey vapor. After this happens uncover the small hole and inhale through the straw. This little puppy is a beast – it makes herbs last much longer and can get you quite high indeed, so proceed with caution.
Also take note that extended use of the same straw could begin to deposit hazardous toxic plastic particles, so change the tubing frequently. Enjoy!
The Volcano Vaporizer
- 1 heat gun with free bowl
- 1 large glass jar (about 10” in diameter)
- 1 durable large plastic bag
- 1 90º PVC pipe
- 1 PVC on/off valve connectior
- 1 glass tube with screen(or vaporizer bowl)
- Duct Tape
- First you will need to put two holes in the cork lid about 2 inches apart. One will be for the glass tube or vaporizer bowl and the other for the PVC 90 degree elbow.
- When making the homemade vaporizer keep in mind that it must be airtight, so only make your holes as big as the circumference of the bowl and fitting. If you happen to make the holes too big don’t panic, because you can wrap some duct tape around the pieces to make them fit nice and snug.
- Now we need to make sure the on/off valve fits tightly also, and is able to be connected and disconnected with ease for your vaporizer sessions. You can get creative and set this up however you would like as long as you know it needs to remain open while filling and open/close for operation.
- The last step is to attach the bag with duct tape or a hose clamp and you are good to go.
Congratulations, it’s time now to test drive your homemade Volcano Vaporizer!!!
Here are some ideas to get you started. I have collected these over the years. Get creative and get workin! Like I said earlier, garage sales are gifts from the Ganja GODS when it comes to making your own homemade smoking devices.
Here are some wicked awesome homemade bongs and pipe ideas for you: